Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hour-glass sign

Technology is amazing.  Before, I would have to roam the halls of the hospital to try and find the chart of my patient.  It might be in the rack, with the ward clerk, back with the case manager or left in radiology.  I probably spent several hours a week not to mention walked miles to find those darned things.  Now, I just have to find a computer, log in and sit there for hours looking at the little hour-glass sign while the computer locks up, stalls and then blue screens itself into oblivion.  Technology is awesome, it lets me at least sit down?

5 comments:

SeaSpray said...

I thought you were turning a corner and making peace with the emrs.

Your sarcasm cracks me up. :)

Have you seen Dr Ben Carson's speech at the Prayer breakfast> OHMY GOSH! A BREATHOFFRESHAIR! Someone that makes sense - has great ideas. And when he said all that PC stuff - I thought I died and went to heaven. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This very credible physician/man finally said in public what most people must really think. Now that he is retiring from surgery, I hope he does go into politics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIC8tPHFBV4

Funny thing. I recently got a new monitor - nice and bright. Other one was an old white dinosaur and pretty dark screen. So a few times when coming in your blog ..I thought something's different .. but it didn't register. The TMs are gone. How I missed that - I don't know. :)

Andrew_M_Garland said...

No more x-rays of Throckmorton's sign. No doubt, a sad result of the nanny-Victorian state.
Maybe one of these x-rays would be nice.
EIZO X-ray Pinup Girl

SeaSpray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SeaSpray said...

Andrew - funny ..and a little scary. :)

Throckmorton, I thought you might find this (and site) interesting:

http://kleinonline.wnd.com/audio/healthcare-rationing-hidden-inside-text-of-obamacare/

SeaSpray said...

Belated Happy St Patrick's Day Throckmorton! :)

I am so curious to hear your opinions on dealing with health care bill now that 2014 will be here sooner than we wish. It's so discouraging. :( What CAN we do?