Saturday, January 12, 2013

Curbside Contagion

One of my partners biggest pet peeve is when she is on the OR and one of the staff comes by and asks if she can look at their throat or listen to their lungs because they think they are coming down with a cold.  Of course, if they are, it is a cold and their is not much to do about it.  Secondly, you will get the cold.  Sure enough, someone came by and asked her, she tried not to but did not want to look bad.  Despite the flu shot  she got the flu.  Now she is out and so are her patients.

6 comments:

SeaSpray said...

That must be an occupational hazard of the job for doctors. It seemed that staff always ask the docs they work with about something. I've done it too. But ..they also never seemed to mind.

I wonder if this is a pet peeve of all docs or only in certain situations. It must be akin to someone asking a doctor medical questions at a party, except they aren't exposed to sickness then.

Mental note made. :)

The whole flu thing is freaking me out a bit ...every time they show the maps on the web or talk about on TV. I mean it seems like we don't stand a chance. I heard there is a strain not covered in the flu shot this year.

I still wonder how it is that ER staff face so many sick people and yet don't become ill as often as you would think. I was visiting someone in an assisted living facility last week, it was so warm and all I cold think was that I was walking through a breeding ground for URIs.

Unknown said...

Great post. A lot of great points. I like it. Thanks for sharing.
medical services

Unknown said...

I too conceive thus, perfectly composed post! .
thesis writing

Unknown said...

Have enjoyed your site very much and benefited from the information. Thank You….
essay writing

Unknown said...

I am happy that I noticed this weblog , exactly the right info that I was searching for! .
International Business Company dubai

Unknown said...

I am happy that I noticed this weblog , exactly the right info that I was searching for! .
International Business Company dubai