Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"Artists"

It is near the end of the year and the interns are a bit burned out.  We had an avid medical student here on an audition clerkship and overheard two if the interns talking about which one of them was going to see which of the "artists" in the Emergency Department.  After a few minutes he approached me and said something to the effect that there are a lot of artists here in this area.  I didn't want to burst his idealist bubble of sculptors and painters but I finally had to let him in on the meaning of the term.  I explained that "Artists" are those who are really good at drawing.  They are good at drawing disability, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, Obama phones and everything else while they sell drugs and sponge off society.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic article post. Really Cool.
offshore company formation in dubai

SeaSpray said...

I thought I left a message. Must not have hit button.

Anyway ..I'm confused Throckmorton. I thought doctors don't like to give patients disability. That they resist helping patients doing it unless necessary. ?

But if so ..how is it that so many patients do get disability ..are able to become such "artists?" Because you can't get it without a doctor's recommendation - right?

It is sad that so many take advantage of what was intended for people truly in need and also that they selfishly burden the rest of society with their gaming the system.