Thursday, November 13, 2008

TITWIS

(Telling it the way it is) This is an email that was sent to me from a friend who is an internist, who wonders if it was written by one of his patients.

I admit I'm thankful that the gov't sends me a check every month for my disability based on "nerves" and back pain, and I'm grateful for the food stamps that are in credit card form; that lessens the stigma in line at the Fresh Market.I'm happy for the double coverage of Medicaid and Medicare which I enjoy. Going to the doctor is a nice little out-of-the-house experience. And the EMTs in the ambulance are so nice when I call (see I'd have to pay for a taxi, the ambulance is free).I'm please with my section 8 housing allowance that allows me to live in a nice neighborhood rather than a tenement. A lot of folks are unaware that these vouchers can be used for some pretty up-scale apartments. Shhhh, don't tell!... :)I'm glad I get the supplemental income because my children act up in class and have been diagnosed with attention deficit disorder.We call it "the crazy money" LOL!Although the paperwork was lengthy this new motorized scooter makes it much easier for me to go to the mailbox. I have been putting on a little weight lately.I'm not a complainer, I just like to get the benefits to which I'm entitled, that's all.But...I just find it tiresome to actually have to breathe for myself.I strongly hope that our new administration will help pass legislation, with the help of the good folks in congress to make more widely available portable ventilators so i don't have to spend the next 4 years using energy to inhale.I have to do it hundreds, maybe thousands of times a day and it just is TOO MUCH.It's only humane .

6 comments:

UroTrash said...

Hey! I wrote that! No joshing!

I posted it on Sermo and FerrariChat this AM. I'm (in)famous! :)

mercydoc said...

Spread the wealth! :-)

SeaSpray said...

If that were a patient... it would be disgusting that they are PROUD of scamming the system. Sounds more like an understandably jaded health care worker to me.

Although...I suppose there are people that laugh all the way to the bank while getting these benefits.

LOL! THREE times... I wrote a long comment here and have deleted it!

Make that FOUR times! :)

SeaSpray said...

Okay... I am just not meant to say what I wanted to say. I typed it a FIFTH time and the system just crashed and when restarted...lost my comment!

I'm saying uncle and waving white flag. :)

SnowLite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SnowLite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.